Thursday, August 09, 2007

30 years and moving on

Realising that it is no use to me comparing myself with the pretty chio bus at cineleisure Orchard who are 15 years younger than me. I decided to perch myself into devouring books ; e.g how to get rich or think and grow rich .
Once i am rich, i will go to Hollywood to get an extreme makeover to look like Ivanka Trump , my american idol or Christy Chung my Asian idol??

The world has changed or have i been in my own cocoon all along. I always thought i am the prettiest . I took out the photo of myself when i was 17 years old . Yeah sure it is pretty but compared to that 17 years old girl i saw last night, I am nowhere near her standard. She empithomizes the form of Singapore dream girl. I am not putting her on a pedestal but she is indeed a goddess. Even Jolin Tsai or Elva Hsiao also lose to her. Amazing, 6 of her girlfriends also have the same hairstyle and dressing . If i am her mother , I rather delete the guy friends surrounding her . I won't want my beautiful daughter to mix with the ugly ah bengs .Sure it is nice to see beautiful people. But when she talks, the ah lian in her shows. And doesn't her mum tells her not to swear . She scold C.C.B. and said something about wacking another girl .So nobody'es perfect.....


I like to talk to intelligent people. People with power and dressed in power suits. They intrigued me , made me think hard and made me go crazy . I guess that's why architects , Hugo boss sales assistants, investment bankers are very attractive to me. I can go on and on with my friend , for hours discussing the problem of Architect Daniel Libeskind's design of the upcoming "Reflections condominium " that is next to Harbourfront MRT Station .Daniel Libeskind is famous for building monuments for the dead and now you know that , do you still want to buy the Reflections condo ???

Wait a minute , i am 30 years old . I have wasted 15 years of my life. Where is my BMW cabriolet , where is my Ardmore Park or Four Seasons loft apartment
in District 10 , where is my career as an Architect ? How come i am still sitting here typing this stupid blog when i should be playing golf with Ernie Els , Tiger and Michelle Wie ??

6c
- Car ??
- condo ??
- career ??
- cash
- country club ??
- credit card

Heard of the 5B's?
B - BMW 5 series and above
B - Body
B - Brain
B - Billionaire
B - Bungalow

Now , how am i going to achieve all this by 35 ??

One of my friend who has all these , he is still not satisfied. Why ?? Playing golf at Singapore Island country club everyday sounds good. Travelling 3 times a month sounds like a frequent high flyer ( i only fly once every 10 years) . Cruising in a grey BMW coupe 630i series. Staying with parents in a Katong bungalow , where the maid's bedroom is bigger than my living room ! Life is not fair loh !!!
God , you not fair to me !! Where are all my properties and my yacht and my island and my resorts and my hotels and my own office building and my entire MNC corporation and my 25000 employees ? You mean that was all but a dream .....

Now back to reality,
Here in Sunny island singapore

we have the 5K's...
- Kiasu (scared of losing)
- Kiasee (scared of dying)
- Kiabor (scared of wife)
- Kiaboh (scared of having nothing)
- Kiachenghu (scared of government)

We've been reading about the 5C's and 5K's for Singaporeans, now comes the 5 Numerals and Malaysia's equivalent...

Singapore's "practice" for Simple Living :
1 - One Wife
2 - Two Children
3 - Three Bedroom Condo
4 - Four Wheels
5 - Five Figure Salary

Malaysia's Malays "practice" for Simple Living:
5 - Five Children
4 - Four Wives
3 - Three Figure Salary
2 - Two Wheels
1 - One-Storey Link House

No comments: