Saturday, December 29, 2007

David Garrett


Do you think image is important, especially for classical musicians in today's superficial world?

Image helps create something that doesn't necessary have to do with what your music or your art. But it does give you something more, which makes it interesting for marketing purposes. I don't want to say it's a business, but when you really want to succeed and you really want to break through and make people listen, you have to do whatever it takes. In the end, I don't mind it at all, as long as I can play for people and reach young people as well. It's good by me!

And because of your good looks, you also dabbled in modeling when you were studying at Juilliard.

I haven't really done that in two years! It's quite time consuming! You have to go for castings all day and some you get and some you don't. It's a lot of work. People underestimate what models actually do in that business, and you always have to make sure you keep up. I'm not going to say it's tough but it's not easy!

No comments: