Saturday, March 24, 2007

Describe a day in your life - 10 years from now..


On a forum I belong to, someone handsome and delicious recently started a thread entitled “Describe a day in your life - ten years from now”. Here’s what I came up with. Disclaimer: I have a reputation for being a braggart on said forum (my “forum character”. which happens to be my actual character too) but really, none of this stuff it completely outside the realm of possibility, I feel…


5:00 - I wake up and my dog pass me the morning papers. I take a look at the day’s press whilst printing my architecture drawings on my iMAC . My face is on the front page again.

The article is about me being one of the Top Asian Architects to get appointed to the Design Team to decorate Mr Donald Trump's skyscaper in Dubai. He wants to incorporate a 3 - storey penthouse for his son , Barron Trump. I am an expert in Photoshop ,Autocad ,Intellicad and 3d studio max. Donald Trump's secretary calls me at 6am to remind me of the discussion later for his new SUPER LUXURY office skyscaper in Dubai. Wired has name-dropped me again. Forbes seems to think they know how much I’m worth.


I am worth about US $200 million. so little..


Checking my mails I see that I’ve been invited to speak at the 2017 Architectural Conference in London. Again. Better start thinking of a clever presentation.


7:30 - Take a peepee on my luxurious pink fur toilet and have a Vichy shower massage.


8:00 - Wake up the children and ask what they would like for breakfast. My children, having been raised on excellent home-cooking (my Italian-Chinese hubby and I are accomplished cooks) have no desire to eat the usual sugar-laden cereals and pop-tarts that the other kids do. My son asks for English breakfast with scamble eggs and my daughter wants balsamic vinegarette dash with garlik croutons and salad with chicken slices. I cook their breakfast.


8:30 - I kiss my hubby on the lips before leaving the house. He’s still sleeping. My husband is a web developer for Goggle , graduated from UCLA , part time actor and model . I head off to work. Hmm which car today…Ferrari ,BMW M5 or Maserati. I take the Maserati.


9:00 - Waiting on my desk are the daily earnings reports that my personal assistant , kelvinn, has printed out. I give them a cursory glance. My online media empire is doing well and is now generating enough revenue to support 100 full-time staff. Much appreciated thanks to my trusty mate , kelvinn.


10:00 - Meeting with Mr Donald Trump and his daughter , Ivanka Trump. We brainstorm and conceptualise new ideas. Although I’ve hired the best, brightest minds in the industry I’m still very hands on. I’ve built up everything we see around us from nothing and feel a massive sense of responsibility. I still can’t let anyone work without my input. Not yet. Maybe some day.


11:00 - Sitting in on an interview with a guy wants a job on the Donald Trump Project (DTP). I google his name quietly. Nothing comes up. Sorry mate, not a chance.


12:00 - Italian lunch at a place across town. After lunch ,I visit my brother’s design agency. He is not around. In Paris, they tell me. I’ll shoot him an email when I get back to the office.


14:00 - Investment / acquisition talks with a small startup. I am an architect and also a venture capitalist . A large part of our business is now as venture capitalists in the online world. We’re the best in the industry as we are also a production house who knows our shit. Due Diligence regarding web assets is like breathing to us. The startup looks promising. Dr Finian Tan, my director , tells me what he thinks of the acquisition. I nodded my head and let him settle this for me as I am too busy with Donald Trump .


17:00 - I call my dad. Our restaurant venture in London is going great. He sounds genuinely happy - running a successful Ultra Luxury Chinese restaurant is something he’s wanted to do ever since retiring. Dad says the BBC and Ellen Degeneres from US interviewed him again. We chit-chat about the Iceland and Russia branches planned for next year.


18:00 - My Italian-Chinese hubby calls. Are we going out or staying in for dinner? I tell him we’re going out and book a table at the family’s favourite restaurant - the kids love the place as it’s run by “the guy from tv” aka Jamie Oliver ,,who else .. At the restaurant we let the kids order for us. They have excellent taste in food (been taught well). I let my daughter try some wine, she squishes up her face.


20:00 - My husband takes the children home. I go back to the office for a while. We just took delivery of 100 Aeron chairs for the staff. Everyone is smiling and bouncing up and down on their new chairs. I sit down to some paperwork and visit the development team working on a couple of projects that I expect great things from.


22:00 - Head home. The kids are already in bed. My Italian-chinese husband and I sit in the pool (a beautiful infinity pool that I designed) with a glass of champagne and watch the hover-cars fly by in the distance.




So that’s me in 10 years. What about you?

1 comment:

TitansFan said...

7:30 is a perfect time to get a massage on a Vichy Massage Table! Completely feasible in 15 years, or even now.